Psalm 150:6 Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Psalms 146-150 teach five things about praise.
- It takes our mind off of ourselves and helps us focus on God
- It leads us from individual meditation to corporate worship
- It causes us to appreciate God and His character
- It changes our perspective from the earthly to the heavenly
- It prepares our heart to receive God’s love and the Holy Spirit’s power
The book of Psalms is a reflection of our spiritual journey offering two choices–life and death. We don’t choose God’s way (life) to get out of trouble or receive only blessings. We won’t experience joy without sorrow or success without obstacles. We choose life because it means God is with us and will never forsake us. This should make us more inclined to praise Him.
My reading schedule this week:
June 18 Proverbs 27-29
June 19 Ecclesiastes 1-6
June 20 Ecclesiastes 7-12
June 21 1 Kings 10-11, 2 Chronicles 9
June 22 Proverbs 30-31
June 23 1 Kings 12-14
June 24 2 Chronicles 10-12
NOTE: I am following the Chronological Timeline from ewordtoday.com