Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
To become a good prayer warrior, we must
- Spend time with God in prayer. We need to be renewed in Him daily (Psalm 37:4-5)
- Live in a way that pleases God. Obey His commandments. Read the Bible daily. Repent daily of sin. (1 John 3:21-22)
- Be holy as God is holy. Dedicate ourselves completely to God and allow the Holy Spirit to make us holy.
(1 Thessalonians 4:7)
- Rid ourselves of those things in our life that do not glorify God. Demonstrate our reverence for God by separating ourselves from those things that separate us from God (2 Corinthians 7:1)
- Resist all pride. Pride aligns us with the enemy. Our worth is based on what Jesus has done for us not on what we do. (James 4:6)
- Love others. Love is the mark of the Christian. If we do not love others, we cannot love God (1 John 3:10)
- Respect our body. Love and appreciate our own body and never be careless, abusive or neglectful in our treatment of it (1 Corinthians 3:16-17).
- Separate ourselves from the ungodly. Do not yoke ourselves with people who will compromise our walk with God
(2 Corinthians 6:14)
- Don’t dwell on what we are not. Don’t let satan define us. Let God tell us who we are.
- Live in a way that produces fruit. Choose to be led by the Holy Spirit rather than the flesh (Galatians 5:22-25)
- Renew our minds. Don’t conform to the world whose ruler is satan. Put off your old conduct and put on the mind of Christ (Ephesians 4:17-19)
- Forgive. God does not listen to the prayers of an unforgiving heart (Matthew 6:14-15)
- Watch our words. There is a connection between our words and answered prayer. Our words need to reflect God’s truth (1 Peter 3:10-12)
“Get rid of any bad attitude, destructive habit, wrong mind-set, unhealthy practice, or forbidden activity that hinders your spiritual growth and development. This is not to be legalistic. It is to be aware of the leading of the Holy Spirit as you seek His guidance. Say, ‘Lord, show me if there is anything in my life that should not be there, or anything that displeases you and hurts me physically, mentally or spiritually.’ When He shows you something, ask Him to help you rid your life of everything that is not of Him.”¹
[Read Daniel 1-6]
Daniel 1:8 But Daniel was determined not to defile himself by eating the food and wine given to them by the king. He asked the chief of staff for permission not to eat these unacceptable foods.
Help me have a clear conscience before You. Help me not to give in to fleshly desires. Keep my mind focused on serving You. Enable me to pray without ceasing. Condition me for Your service and show me what to do to become a good prayer warrior. Amen.