Hebrews 2:14-15 Because God’s children are human beings–made of flesh and blood–the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves tot he fear of dying.
What we need to know about our Commander:
- He chose us (Ephesians 1:4-5)
- He saves us (Acts 4:12)
- He makes us joint heirs with Him (Galatians 4:4,7)
- He gives us His Spirit to live in us (Romans 8:9)
- He wants us to choose His side (2 Corinthians 5:20)
- He has already defeated the enemy (Colossians 2:15)
- He is the greatest example of a prayer warrior (Matthew 6:9-13)¹
“If you have received Christ as Savior, the enemy’s power in your life has been annihilated. Unless the enemy can convince you to doubt God’s Word and all that Jesus has accomplished, the enemy has no power. Instead of listening to the enemy, hold fast to God speaking to you through His Word and through His Holy Spirit in you, and you will have power over the enemy for the rest of your life.”²
[Read Ezekiel 25-32]
Ezekiel 29:21 “And the day will come when I will cause the ancient glory of Israel to revive, and then, Ezekiel, your words will be respected. Then they will know that I am the Lord.”
Thank You for coming to earth to save me. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit who lives in me. I want to be on Your side and fight Your enemy. Help me be discerning about who and what I let into my life. Amen.